Thursday, July 26, 2007

It's All About the Wrestling: I'm Bored

I haven’t written much recently and although I haven’t there is a reason for that. That reason is boredom. I watch TNA, that is no secret, and I have very little love for the product WWE has put out recently, also no secret, but what may not be known to most people is that I am bored with wrestling, in particular TNA’s product. For me, when I got back into wrestling last year, TNA was offering me something different. Now they are offering me the same thing every week and that is not a good thing.

For the last few months in particular, although this started at about the new year, we have had Joe vs. Angle in some form or another every week. Sometimes they were pitted against each other, other times they are put together to overcome a common goal – with the express purpose of making them hate each other more. TNA offers roughly seven hours of on air programming a month, close to half of that is spent focusing on Joe and Angle. Sure, every once in a while I get Sting (like tonight vs. Robert Roode) and I do get Christian Cage almost every week in some form or another but for me I need more.

Sure Angle and Joe is great but I’ve seen it now for almost a year. I understand the desire to tell season long storylines but we need something more from TNA as well. What I need and what TNA needs is another 60 minutes a week. They need to be able to showcase their other talent; talent like Chris Sabin, Jay Lethal, Christopher Daniels (who they have wasted), AJ Styles, and their tag teams. If they can give me these guys wrestling as well their big storylines, maybe then I won’t be bored.

Sorry for the scattershot post this week but I just wanted people to know why there has been a lack of content from me recently.

As always you can e-mail me with your questions, comments and flames at pwp.chris@gmail.com. I’ll catch you next week.

No comments: