Thursday, November 29, 2007

Initialed Enemies?

When speaking of Triple H, I frequently bring up the year that he destroyed Rob Van Dam, Kane, and Booker T. I just feel that it's a footnote in The Game's resume that can't be overlooked. 9 times out of 10, when Triple H has had the chance to make a new superstar, he's balked.

Recently the UK's Power Slam magazine had a chance to ask RVD about HHH. His answers were very interesting:



UKS: Is it true you had problems with Triple H when you worked for WWE?

RVD: Problems? I had problems liking him. I had problems feeling compatible with him on any other level other than the fact that we're both wrestlers. He would be one of the last guys you would see sharing a car with me. If we weren't both wrestlers, I doubt I'd have anything in common with him.

UKS: There were a few occasions -- Unforgiven 2002 springs to mind -- when it seemed like the perfect time for you to defeat Triple H. After he attacked and beat you down on the September 16, 2002 Raw, you sought revenge in a singles bout at Unforgiven six days later. A win there would have been a tremendous boon for you. Meanwhile, a loss for HHH would have done his status no harm at all. As it turned out, HHH won by pinfall. It seemed like he cut you off.

RVD: Well, I don't disagree with you. And that's why I'm glad my career is caught on videotape and DVD, so the fans can watch what happened in my career and say it all for me, like you just did.

UKS: You've nothing further to add about HHH?

RVD: When you're watching RVD TV (his online TV show), don't look for HHH to be in Rob Van Dam's house.

You can't blame Rob for feeling the way he does, as Triple H is solely responsible for the fact that Rob is not looked at as a legit main eventer, but instead a second tier guy. However, with this interview, old Robbie V may have just signed a verbal contract never to return to the WWE again.

Below is a stop motion animation I found that pretty much sums up every encounter these two have ever had:



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amiable post and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you for your information.