Monday, June 25, 2007

It's All About the Wrestling: Frustrated

I'm frustrated. I tune in to watch TNA each week but instead of them advancing forward they seem to be stepping to the side. TNA had a chance to push forward with their company at their recent pay-per-view by awarding Samoa Joe the title but instead Kurt Angle wins it. Kurt won the title a month ago, why take it away from him only to give it back to him a month later. I feel cheated. Not only does Kurt winning the title not advance TNA at all it makes me feel like I wasted an entire month prepping for the big King of the Mountain title only to have Kurt win the title again.

As much as I enjoy TNA and the wrestling they put on, over the last six to nine months they have made some decisions I can only scratch my head at. The announcement that Kurt Angle was going to come to TNA was huge and had me jumping in joy that TNA would be jumping to the mainstream. But that hasn't happened. In fact by my opinion TNA is worse off than they were before Kurt came in.

At this point I'm not sure what they can do. The rumored announcement of a second hour of programming would be a start.

Sorry for the short article this week, I'm busy with deadlines elsewhere. As always feel free to e-mail me at pwp.chris@gmail.com.

No comments: